Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. First things first! How do you say 'Wales' in Welsh?
2. In order to get to the southern part of Wales by road, you cross a very wide river called the Severn. What specific name do Welsh speakers give to this river?
3. You arrive at a service station on the M4 motorway near Cardiff, needing a comfort break. You find, to your horror, that someone has stolen the picture icons on the relevant doors, leaving only the Welsh names. How will you know which one is the Gents?
4. You're finding the Welsh language a bit confusing, and decide to buy a phrase book to assist you on your journey. How do you ask for one?
5. You hear of a festival being held locally which celebrates all aspects of the Welsh culture and language. How is this sort of festival known in Wales?
6. After your dose of culture, you decide to head for the hills (you're spoiled for choice as there are so many). You head for an area famed for its wild beauty and associations with elite army units who use the rugged terrain to test the mettle of their soldiers. How is the area known as the Brecon Beacons marked on your Welsh map?
7. You trek over the mountains, but notice that your Welsh walking companion is munching on some sweets which he has neglected to offer to you. How will you ask for some?
8. Rather reluctantly your companion hands over some of his sweets. You haven't forgotten YOUR manners though. How do you thank him in Welsh?
9. You stop at a pub on your way down the mountain and order a much needed drink at the bar. How do you say beer in Welsh?
10. You've enjoyed your trip into Wales and learned some of the language along the way. Congratulations! Oh wait - before you go, how do you say 'congratulations' in Welsh?
Source: Author MaggieG
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.