Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Dai the Dap's first stop is a capital city of a country which borders Wales. Dai is in "Llundain" - how is this city known to the locals?
2. Dai the Dap's next stop is in another British city, which established its name after Edwin built a fort there. Today, it is the home to both Hearts and Hibs (if you're thinking of football), and it's also the city where the "Perrier Award" is handed out each year. How is Caeredin known to the locals?
3. Dai the Dap next finds himself in the ancient city of "Caerliwelydd" in the north of England. It has a Welsh name because it was once part of the kingdom of Wales - although these days it is a long way from the Welsh borders. Where is Dai now?
4. Dai the Dap's next stop is in Penbedw. This is a town on the Wirral in England which has a permanent and special place in Welsh history, as it held the Eisteddfod of 1917 -known as the "Black Chair Eisteddfod". Where is Dai now?
5. Dai the Dap's wanderings now take him over the seas to a Celtic land known in Welsh as "Iwerddon". This place shares a lot of ancient mythological ties with Wales - though there is some evidence that there may have been a land link between both countries in times past. Where is Dai now?
6. Dai the Dap is back on the UK mainland, in a county in the South West of England. This county is known in Welsh as "Gwlad yr Haf" - literally translated, it means the land of summer. Ian Botham played for their county cricket team, and it is also the home of the Cheddar Gorge and caves. In which English county is Dai?
7. Dai the Dap wanders along the Welsh border, and comes to a county city called Henffordd - meaning "Old Road". In which English cathedral city, the birthplace of Nell Gwynne, does Dai find himself?
8. Dai the Dap leaves Europe far behind him as he reaches his next destination - Seland Newydd. This country shares an affinity for rugby with Wales, it has a thermal area, and its population is only slightly larger than that of Wales. In what country is Dai?
9. Dai the Dap now travels to another continent - and another country where rugby is a popular sport. However, rugby is not the most popular sport in "Yr Ariannin" - trailing a long way behind soccer in popularity. Dai was amazed to hear the Welsh language being spoken by some of the natives though - in which country is he now?
10. Finally, Dai the Dap arrives at "Yr Afal Mawr" - the nickname for the city known in Wales as "Efrog Newydd". This was where one of Wales' most famous sons, the poet Dylan Thomas, breathed his last. Where in the world is Dai now?
Source: Author huw27
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.