Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. We set off from my village, Cwmfelinfach, which in English means?
2. The next village we come to, is called Ynysddu, which in English means?
3. Next, we drive past the place my brothers went to school, Pontllanfraith. What does this mean in English?
4. Turning right, we travel to Mynyddislwyn. What does this mean in English?
5. Along the road, we come to a village where I played senior football, Pentwynmawr. What is the English meaning of this name?
6. A nice easy one now. We carry on to Pont Newydd. What is the meaning of this name in English?
7. We then turn north and pass Abertillery, which in English means?
8. Nearly there, but next we go through Brynmawr, which in English means?
9. In the distance we can see a mountain which rises above Abergavenny. It is called the Sugar Loaf Mountain.
10. Finally, we have arrived in Abergavenny. What does the name of this place mean in English?
Source: Author mochyn
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.