Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I'm going to count to five in Welsh: un, dau, tri, pedwar, pump. What comes next in the sequence?
2. One for the sports fans! If you went to watch Gareth Bale, Ashley Williams and Joe Allen play, what sport would you be watching?
3. 'Moron' in English means a silly person, but in Welsh, it means something quite different. In fact, it's a type of food. If I said, "Ges i moron i cinio", what vegetable would I have had for my tea?
4. The national symbol of Wales is the red dragon, or 'y ddraig goch'. What other, fluffier animal is also often associated with Wales?
5. If I said I worked in a 'swyddfa', what would my place of work be? (Hint: think Ricky Gervais.)
6. St David is the patron saint of Wales. In which month does his day take place?
7. What colour is the daffodil, the national flower of Wales?
8. What is the Welsh for 'I like coffee'?
9. Welsh pronouns: 'hi' means 'he'. True or false?
10. The song 'Un Darllenwr Lwcus' by the Welsh band Melys contains the line 'I'll fight you back with my geiriadur bach'. If I tell you that 'bach' means 'small', and that a 'geiriadur' would be helpful to me as a relative newcomer to the Welsh language, can you guess what a 'geiriadur bach' is?
Source: Author Kankurette
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.