Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Upon arriving at my brother's house, I am immediately met by an excited Owain, who is eager to show me the next blue thing he has found. This time, he seems to have found more than one, as he is manically yelling 'Y Smyrffs! Mae nhw ar y teledu!' What exactly is 'Y Smyrffs'?
2. It is really turning out to be a beautiful day, and I am more than happy to babysit Owain while my brother is at work. We decide to play a game, which involves making shapes out of the clouds above, but as we both look up, a puzzled Owain asks me, 'Pam mae'r awyr yn las?' What is my inquisitive, little nephew asking now?
3. As Owain and I play in the front garden, my best friend, Mali, pops in to say hello. Having never met her before, Owain is rather shy, that is until something about her face draws his attention. Suddenly, out of nowhere, he yells 'llygaid glas' at the top of his lungs, apparently extremely proud to have spotted something else that is blue. What part of Mali's face is it that has caught his attention?
4. Taking a break from the garden for an hour, Owain and I settle down to watch some television. The image of an extremely large mammal fills the screen, causing him to tug on my sleeve before pointing wildly at the television, shouting 'Y Morfil Glas! Y Morfil Glas!' He looks very pleased with himself, but what exactly is 'Y Morfil Glas'?
5. While making lunch in the kitchen, I realise that Owain, who is upstairs, is being suspiciously quiet. When I go to investigate, I am amused to find that he has emptied his dad's wardrobe and is enjoying playing dress-up with his clothes. Displaying an adorable toothy-grin, he then announces, 'Mae gen i jïns newydd', before adding that they are also blue. Which wardrobe staple of his dad's is Owain referring to here?
6. As the sun is shining brightly, I have decided to take Owain to the beach for the afternoon, so he can make sandcastles and survey rock pools to his heart's content. However as soon as we arrive he makes a beeline for the sea, which is as blue as can be on this glorious, summer's day. What is the sea called in Welsh?
7. On our way home from the beach, a tired Owain catches sight of my new ring, which he points out is partly blue. However this time, he is literally lost for words, and needs me to tell him that the stone in the middle is something called 'saffir'. What gemstone is it that decorates my ring?
8. Having recently finished our tea, Owain and I are lounging on the sofa, while I read to him from one of his favourite books. Giggling throughout at the (blue) main character's antics, Owain then exclaims that 'Mr. Hergwd yw'r gorau', before then begging me to reread the entire thing again. Who is this 'Mr. Hergwd'?
9. It is quite late, and Owain and I are sitting on the porch sipping mugs of hot chocolate. I am feeling sleepy, but Owain, who has found a new blue thing to look at, cannot stop staring up at the beautiful night sky. What is the Welsh word for 'moon', which Owain has noticed is particularly blue tonight?
10. Just before I leave for the night, Owain begs for a quick test on colours, so I list four different things, but only one of them is the correct colour. Can you help Owain with this, by identifying which of the following items is blue?
Source: Author poshprice
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor trident
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.