Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the Welsh name for the capital city, Cardiff?
2. What is Swansea known as in Welsh?
3. Where in Wales would you be if you were in Caerfyrddin?
4. Dinbych y Pysgod is quite a mouthful of a name for a gorgeous little Welsh fishing town - how is it known in English?
5. Where in Wales would you be if you were in "Castellnedd"?
6. If you found yourself looking at a signpost saying "Wrecsam", where would you be in Wales ?
7. What is the Welsh name for "Newtown" in mid-Wales ?
8. This north Wales coastal village was also known as Port Dinorwic, or Port Dinorwig, for a long time, but local usage is reverting back now to its original, Welsh only name. What is this name?
9. The north Wales coastal town of Colwyn Bay is known as what in Welsh?
10. And finally, a Welsh name which bears absolutely no direct modern similarity to its English translation What, in English, is the mid Wales town of "Y Trallwng"?
Source: Author huw27
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor TabbyTom
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.