Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. So I'm wandering around a pet store and I see a white-and-orange python with pink eyes. What would this python be characterized as?
2. After wandering around the pet store for a while I decide to go to the zoo. There I see a black panther- and how pretty it is, too! What is the characteristic of this animal?
3. After looking at big cats I wander over to the reptile house. There I see a snake which is white and yellow with black eyes. Is this just an ordinary corn snake or is it albinistic? Or is it neither?
4. Somebody is showing an animal somewhere near the skink so I start to listen. The person explains that the animal is schizochromatic. What does this term mean?
5. The person talking shows another animal and says it is xanthochromatic. What does that mean?
6. What is a chromatophore?
7. I stop by a bookstore on my way home and look at a book which describes what an animal with albinism would look like. What coloring would it be?
8. What, exactly, is melanism?
9. There is a picture in the book of a pale yellow snake with no white on its body. Would this be considered a true albino?
10. After a long day of gawking over strangely colored animals I return home to feed my cat- who is supposed to be a tabby, but is completely white with blue eyes! What is this called?
Source: Author catfriend539
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.