Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Siskins will readily come into gardens to feed on peanuts etc. Which family of birds do they belong to?
2. Moorhens are common wherever there is fresh water and they can often be seen swimming on park lakes. Which family does the moorhen belong to?
3. A very familiar bird in Britain is the blackbird. The male is a handsome creature indeed with his jet black plumage and bright yellow bill. Which family does the blackbird belong to?
4. The kittiwake is a sea bird which nests on coastal cliffs. Do you know which family it belongs to?
5. Yellowhammers are very colourful birds usually seen around farmland. Which family does the yellowhammer belong to?
6. Which family does the colourful but wary jay belong to?
7. Puffins are many people's favourite birds with their beautifully-coloured beaks and their jaunty character. To which family of birds does the puffin belong?
8. A common summer visitor to scrubland in Britain is the whitethroat. Which of these families of birds does it belong to?
9. Once a rare breeding bird in Britain, fulmars are now a fairly common bird around coastal cliffs. To which family does the fulmar belong?
10. Now, do you really think I would put a trick question in?
To which family of birds does the bearded tit belong?
Source: Author Mutchisman
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.