Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This bird rarely arrives singly, as it is known for forming very large flocks. Which of these is it?
2. This acrobatic small bird turns up in gardens regularly to peck at nuts and fat balls. What is its scientific name, which reflects its colouring?
3. This picture is of a female bird, who looks very different from her male partner. Which bird is it?
4. This bird normally lives in the woods, where it searches tree trunks looking for food, but it does sometimes come to gardens. Which of these is it?
5. Although it is now present in the UK in large numbers, the collared dove is not a native bird. In which century did it arrive?
6. This small brown bird is sometimes referred to as a hedge sparrow, but what is its more usual name?
7. This female bird has more subdued colours than her male counterpart. Which species is she?
8. The house martin is a summer visitor to the UK. From what material does it build its nest?
9. This small British bird has a characteristic upturned tail, and a long scientific name. Which of these is it?
10. This beautiful bird is one of the most popular visitors to my garden. To which family does it belong?
Source: Author rossian
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.