Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What dog saved the lives of 40 people while working for monks (1800-1810) at a travelers way station at the 8,100 foot high Great Saint Bernard Pass in the Alps?
2. Being adopted by Albany, New York postal employees as a puppy Owney (1888-1897) began traveling with mail carriers on their delivery routes, wagons, railways, and eventually even went on a 113 day world tour sponsored by the USPS. Due to having traveled an estimated 114,000 miles with post office personnel it's not surprising that Owney is recognized as the mascot for what organization?
3. During World War I, an American Pit Bull Terrier named "Stubby" of the 102nd Infantry Division was awarded the rank of sergeant for which of the following acts of valor?
4. In 1925, which Siberian Husky traveled through -70 degree temperatures, near whiteout conditions, and gale force winds for 91 miles to relay serum for use in combating a diptheria epidemic in Nome, Alaska?
5. Jim (1925-1937), a Llewelyn setter, was dubbed the "Wonder Dog" by his hometown of Marshall, Missouri for being able perform which of the following tasks?
6. At Tokyo's Shibuya train station a statue honors an Akita dog, Hachiko, that visited the train station every day at 3 o'clock for around ten years (1925-1935) in anticipation of what event?
7. Bamse, a Saint Bernard, served with the Free Norwegian Forces on the ship "Thorrud" stationed in Dundee and Montrose, Scotland during World War II and is noted for having performed which of the following deeds?
8. Bothie, a Jack Russell Terrier, accompanied Sir Ranulf and Lady Virginia Fiennes on the Transglobe Expedition (1979-1982) to circumnavigate the planet making him the first dog to visit which pole(s)?
9. On September 11, 2001, a four year old Labrador retriever named "Dorado" insisted on spending one hour guiding his blind master down 70 floors of the north tower of what building?
10. On February 6, 2006, a Beagle named "Belle" was unsuccessful in making her master understand that his blood sugar level was dangerously low. When Kevin Weaver inevitably collapsed due to low blood sugar what did Belle do to save his life?
Source: Author DR.NO
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.