Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This bird is a plump, pinkish grey creature who happens to be very shy. He has a long tail, reddish feet and legs, and a few spots and stripes. His cooing call is light, pleasant, and distinctive. What is he?
2. This bird is a large, pretty one who likes to sit in the tops of pine trees and harass the hawks she sees along with her ebony mate. Her call is easily recognised, being harsh, loud, and distinct. This bird is greedy and highly intelligent. What is she?
3. This tiny, bold little bird is the state bird of Massachusetts. It sings out in summer with a hard to place "we-do, we-dooo". It looks kind of like a sparrow, only smaller. It also says its name in its call. What is it?
4. This bird is small and related to the chickadee. It is thin and grey with a distinctive crest on its head. What is it?
5. This goose is loud, nagging, and a pest. It is intelligent, and one was known to have an arrow through its head. Supposedly it came from Canada. What is it?
6. This predator has an inspiring shriek, compared to the undignified chirps of the bald eagle. The adults have a reddish-orange tail. What is it?
7. Occasionally, as you're turning out of the driveway, one of these small, fast moving raptors may zoom past your windshield. They like eating grasshoppers and are commonly mislabeled as the "sparrowhawk".
What is it? Here's a clue: Only ONE even lives in America naturally!
8. Sometimes as you pass through a meadow, you may hear the lovely song of this orange and black male songbird. A famous sports team is named after it. What is it?
9. These birds have scared many a dog and discouraged quite a few cats! It is greedy, territorial, loud and BLUE. What is it?
10. A common place to find this bird is atop a fencepost, sleeping. It is elusive, brown and camouflaged. It had a high-pitched cry which says its name and is nocturnal. It's a type of goatsucker, Phalaenoptilus nuttallii. It is also known to hibernate, unlike other birds. What is it?
Source: Author jadranska
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.