Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is North America's only marsupial?
2. What is another name for a Woodchuck?
3. Which vicious member of the weasel family is also known as a skunk-bear, Indian Devil, and a glutton?
4. This large mammal was once plentiful, ranging from the grasslands of the West to as far east as Georgia. Now it can mainly be seen in parks and wildlife refuges.
5. What is the largest member of the deer family?
6. To nurse, this sea mammal holds her calf against her breast with her flippers. This is thought by some to be the origin of the 'mermaid' legend?
7. Which type of whale was immortalized by Herman Melville in 'Moby Dick'?
8. Which rodent can often be seen hopping across a road at night, and can cover 6 feet in a single bound?
9. These members of the dog family somewhat resemble German shepherds and have been known to mate with domestic dogs.
10. Which mammal is also known as a puma, cougar, panther, painter, or catamount?
Source: Author morrigan716
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.