Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Theodore Crawford Cassidy was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in 1932. He was a very tall man at 6 feet 9 inches tall and known for his deep booming voice. He graduated from Stetson University. What was his major?
2. His distinctive voice helped him get a lot of roles doing voices for cartoons and narration. He narrated the opening for a popular 1970s show. It featured a scientist you didn't want to make angry. Which TV show was it?
3. He was an accomplished piano player and known to be quite smart. His first major television part was as Lurch on "The Addams Family" (1962-1964). Cast for his large size it was meant to be a non-speaking role. During shooting he ad-libbed which now famous line?
4. He was a regular on "The New Adventures of Huckleberry Finn", which ran from 1968 to 1969. It told the stories of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn. Ted played their enemy because they testified against him in court. What was his character's name?
5. He played a mythical beast on the 1970s tv shows "The Six Million Dollar Man" and "The Bionic Woman". This alleged animal has many different names all across the world. A large number of sighting are reported in the northwest of North America. What animal was he playing?
6. Ted appeared in this 1969 movie, starring Robert Redford and Paul Newman. Ted Cassidy played the character Henry Logan, who gets in a fight with Paul Newman's character and loses. What is the name of this classic movie?
7. His large size made him a favorite for being cast as a alien. He played a few different aliens on various shows. He boldly supplied the voices for three characters named Balok, Gorn, and Ruk on a famous sci-fi television show; the series spawned many movies and spin-off series. What's the name of the television show?
8. He married Margaret Helen in 1956 after graduating from college. He began his career as a radio DJ in Dallas, Texas. In 1963 he was one of the first people to interview eyewitnesses of an infamous event. What event happened on November 22, 1963?
9. He appeared in a television commercial for Miller Lite beer, with another famous tall man. Ted calls him "shorty". Actually the person is two inches taller than the 6 foot 9 inch Ted. Who starred in the beer commercial with Ted Cassidy?
10. He guest starred on many 1960s television shows such as "I Dream of Jeannie" , "Batman" , "Mannix" , "Bonanza" , "The Beverly Hillbillies" and "Ironside". When asked if he was proud of any his roles, he quoted as saying "None. None of them! I don't want to be remembered for any of them because I don't like any of them. I'm not proud of any of them. I am still waiting for the one role I will have pride in and want to be associated with down the years."
Source: Author madasasnake
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.