Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Warren Beatty's first major film is a touching story of young lovers, kept apart by their interfering parents. The young couple is played by Natalie Wood as the fragile Deanie Loomis, and Beatty as Bud Stamper, the young man from a rich family. What is the title of this film?
2. In 1967, Warren Beatty starred in a movie about the adventures of a bank-robbing couple. The film is the classic "Bonnie and Clyde." Warren plays Clyde Barrow; which glamorous actress plays his gun-toting girlfriend, Bonnie Parker?
3. In 1974, Beatty made a movie with director Alan J. Pakula. The story concerns the assassination of a U.S. Senator. Beatty plays Joseph Frady, a reporter who becomes deeply involved in the investigation of a mysterious organization that may be involved in the assassination. Co-starring are Hume Cronyn, William Daniels and Paula Prentiss. What's the title of this political thriller?
4. One of Beatty's best films is "McCabe & Mrs. Miller", from 1971. He plays John McCabe, who has a dream-he wants to build a saloon and brothel in a small town in the frigid Pacific Northwest. Along comes Constance Miller (Julie Christie), who has just the right job skills to help not-too-bright McCabe succeed. Who is the director of "McCabe and Mrs. Miller"?
5. The film is "Shampoo", released in 1975. Beatty is George Roundy, hairdresser to the rich and famous in Hollywood. The story features several women who are romantically involved with George-one of them would win an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress. All of the actresses mentioned below appear in the film-which one was the Oscar winner for "Shampoo"?
6. "Reds" is Beatty's masterpiece, the 1981 epic film that tells the true story of the life of writer and journalist John Reed. Beatty plays the lead role, Diane Keaton is Louise Bryant, his long-time love. The question: who directed the film?
7. Next we have a 1991 film which tells the story of a visionary mobster they called Bugsy (but not to his face). After a trip to a seedy gambling joint in a small town in the middle of the Nevada desert, he gets an idea: build elegant casinos there and bring in top talent. It's the beginning of Las Vegas as we know it today. Warren Beatty is Bugsy, and Annette Bening plays Virginia Hill, the woman he loves. The fine cast includes Harvey Keitel, Ben Kingsley, Elliott Gould, Joe Mantegna and Bebe Neuwirth. What is Bugsy's actual name?
8. "Love Affair" is a remake of a 1939 movie with Charles Boyer and Irene Dunne in the lead roles. This version stars Warren Beatty and Annette Bening. Also featured, an screen icon who would make her last film appearance in the movie. Who is this cinema great?
9. "Bulworth" is another good film, with an interesting premise. A politician thinks he has three days to live, and is therefore totally free to speak his mind, and say whatever he pleases. He meets and becomes involved with a beautiful young woman-her name is Nina. Who plays Nina, the girl from the 'hood?
10. No quiz about Warren Beatty would be complete without mentioning his personal life. His romances with beautiful and famous women are legendary. All of the following women have had well-known romances with Beatty: which one did he marry?
Source: Author robbieh
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.