Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In the "Dick Tracy" comic strip, Chester Gould would frequently get Tracy into death traps and figure out how to get him out later. In the prelude to the B-B Eyes story, we find Jacques blackmailing Debby Thorndike, a frequently drunk young socialite. Jacques takes Tracy at gunpoint to a bridge project where Tracy is pushed into a caisson for the new bridge. Jacques then pushes a ten ton boulder in, but it is only dropping a little at a time. Gould couldn't figure a way out of this, so he did something that earned him his only rejection. What did he originally do to get Tracy out of this mess?
2. Dick Tracy decides to cut ties with 'the crazy Thorndike family' and storms out of their house. In a fury, he doesn't notice a pool of ice and slips. What happens?
3. Leaving her Bird Club late (and drunk) one night with her boyfriend, Debby Thorndike wants to take a ride on something unusual. The driver turns her down, as he has business to attend to. What did she want to ride on?
4. Very early one morning, an ambulance arrives at the Thorndike home for Dick Tracy. Tracy is elated to be finally leaving and can't wait to get away. However, when he is put inside the ambulance he sees the word 'Grocery' on the side and knows he is being kidnapped as well. B-B Eyes is inside and tells Tracy why he is going to kill him. What is his reason?
5. In a classic scene from the "Dick Tracy" comic, Dick and Debby Thorndike are taken to the basement of an abandoned house by B-B Eyes and his gang and tied tightly beside an apparatus which was supposed to cause their deaths. What were they next to?
6. B-B Eyes returns to the abandoned house in "Dick Tracy". Realizing something went wrong, he gets in his car to leave only to have Bea Thorndike ram his car into the outside basement stairwell with hers, making him prisoner. While Tracy waits on Bea and Debby to get the police (Tracy is still in his cast and unarmed), B-B unscrews the floorboards and escapes unnoticed. Upon examining B-B's car, Tracy notices something which leads him to deduce the type of criminal activity B-B is involved in. What is it?
7. In the "Dick Tracy" comic, B-B Eyes knows their tire warehouse is being watched. Enticing Tracy and Patton inside the tire thieves capture them. They have hijacked a truck containing something that will hold the detectives captive while they decide what to do. What was in the truck?
8. B-B Eyes breaks the tile sewer pipe off Dick Tracy and Pat Patton in "Dick Tracy" (to make them easier to handle) before going upstairs. Tracy realizes he can move his feet and accidentally tips himself over. The floor slants and he slowly rolls up against what?
9. B-B Eyes' gang makes a run for it in the "Dick Tracy" comic strip. Their car is parked in and the driver backs onto the sidewalk trying to get away. What typical street corner adornment is their undoing?
10. On the way to jail, the handcuffed B-B Eyes rolls out of the car on a bridge. In trying to climb down to the next level he loses his grip and falls into a barge loaded with 'muck' from city streets. Before Dick Tracy can contact the barge operator, he dumps his load in the bay. In typical Chester Gould "Dick Tracy" style, what settles around the tire bootlegger in his final moments?
Source: Author knto
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor kyleisalive
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.