Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Polydactyly is a condition causing an individual to have more fingers or toes than normal. Most of us adding our fingers and toes together get 20 as the answer. Devendra Harne (b. 1995) and Pranamya Menaria (b. 2005) both have the condition. In 2009 they held the record between them for extra digits. If they count the fingers and toes on their hands and feet what total would they come up with?
2. This totally sane individual decided to try and set a record for balancing a heavy object. In 1999 John Evans balanced what unusual object on his head for 33 seconds?
3. In November 2007 Paddy Doyle set a record for push ups. Not ordinary ones, oh no, these were done using the back of the hand. How many do you think he achieved in one hour?
4. This record is a bit odd as it was simply achieved by a large number of people doing the same thing at the same time for a specified amount of time. In this case 10,240 students got together in Shenzhen City, China, on 20th September 2003 to do what simultaneously for at least 60 seconds?
5. The day 2nd August 2003 saw Billy Baxter set a record of 164.87 mph (265.33 km/h) doing what?
6. DJ Carmel J Delia played 1261 recordings of a single artist on the anniversary of his death. The feat lasted 56 hours 30 minutes and included every official recording of this person as well as unofficial recordings and home recordings. Who was being celebrated by such a tribute?
7. Thirty-four members of the Lieder Youth Theatre Company did what to establish a record on 26th January 2006 in Australia?
8. This record is another of those where you ask, "Why?". What did Alastair Galpin do on 7th November 2006 to enter the record books?
9. Dean Gold of Felixstowe in Suffolk is a man who likes his world records, apparently he holds more than one. This particular feat found him doing what 84 times in 2 minutes?
10. This Munich lawyer, Manfred Clauda, has a strange collection of more than 9400 items. What tickles this guy's fancy?
Source: Author BillMcC
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Exit10
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.