Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. At the end of the 11th Century, the Patriarch of Constantinople condemned the CHARISTIKARIOI....what were they?
2. What is a helicon?
3. What is/are irukandji?
4. What did Giuseppe Piazzi, of Palermo, discover on New Year's Day, 1801?
5. John Couch Adams was among England's most brilliant mathematicians of the 19th Century. What was his position at Cambridge University in 1843?
6. Eric Blair (George Orwell) was a former police officer.
7. In Orwell's "1984", Winston Smith's life is threatened by a flying bomb. What is the colloquial name for this used by the Proles?
8. What was the name of the first man-made object to leave Earth's gravitational field?
9. In 9 AD, the Roman Empire suffered its greatest defeat since the Punic Wars with Carthage. 20,000 legionaries under P. Quinctilius Varus lost their lives. What was the site of this carnage?
10. Which Pope called for the First Crusade in 1187?
Source: Author brian59
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor thejazzkickazz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.