Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This is a small island country that was home to the first female prime minister in the entire world! Most who live in the country are Sinhalese. The name of the country means 'venerable island'. Its main exports are tea, coffee, coconuts, rubber, and cinnamon. But promise me you won't bring me back any coconuts. I hate coconut.
What country might this be?
2. This is a very famous candy that comes in a pouch and is carbonated. The candy crackles when in your mouth, making a funny noise and causing a weird feeling on your tongue. It even has a flavor that turns into a piece of bubble gum. Just promise me that you won't drink soda while you are eating the candy. I would really rather you not blow up.
What explosive candy is this?
3. You may be quick on land, but I'm even quicker in the water. During this Olympics water competition, I like to use the trudgen. But promise me one thing: don't do the butterfly. I am terrified of butterflies.
What Olympic water sport might this be?
4. The 35th President of the United States never even got to finish his first term. He was shot on November 22nd. He was in the U.S. House of Representatives and he was a Massachusetts senator before becoming president. Please promise me that you won't mention Dallas, Texas, though. It reminds me of where this man was assassinated.
In what year was the 35th President assassinated?
5. There is a character from "Friends" and from a spin-off series whose last name is Tribbiani. This character thinks he can drink an entire gallon of milk in a minute. But promise me that you won't get him mixed up with a baby animal!
Which "Friends" character is described here?
6. There is a four-letter word which means a long poem, story, or movie. For instance, there is a story called "The _ of Gilgamesh". But promise me you won't make it too long. I don't have all day!
What word might this be?
7. There are many different weather phenomena on Earth, like tornadoes, hurricanes, and earthquakes. But some are actually a good thing. After it has precipitated, you may see some of these. But promise me you won't go searching for gold! You won't find any.
What might these be?
8. Although she didn't last long, there was a "Sesame Street" mail lady from 1971-1972. But please don't call her Edna. That is from a different show completely!
What was this mail lady's name?
9. What is the second most common type of cancer, and the fifth most common cause of cancer-related deaths? Although more common in women than in men, both genders may get it and it is equally concerning in both genders. And please, promise me you will raise awareness for this type of cancer, and take a walk!
10. Now that you have answered the first nine questions, can you tell me...What is the common bond between these answers?
Source: Author salami_swami
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.