Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I'll make the first one easy so you can get the hang of it. Just pick your category, and remember the answers are the same.
History: What was the first name of the first President of the US?
Music: What was the first name of Beatle Harrison?
Children's Books: What was the name of the curious monkey in the books by Margret Rey?
2. Music: What hit song by Toto was #24 for the year of 1983?
Geography: The peoples of which continent speak more languages than the peoples of any other?
Movies: Finish the title of this 1985 movie starring Robert Redford and Meryl Streep: "Out of ...."
3. Television: What was the name of the character played by Charo on the sitcom "The Love Boat"?
Seasonal: In which month do we celebrate Earth Day?
Literature: According to T.S. Eliot, this is "the cruelest month".
4. Sports: In which city was the first car race held, in 1894?
Art: In which city could you visit the Marmottan Museum, which has the biggest collection of Claude Monet paintings?
Geography: In what city could you see the Obelisk of Luxor?
5. Movies: Complete the title of the movie: "Bad News ____"
Animals: What variety of mammal comes in Kermode, Andian, and Sun?
Sports: Which NFL team won the 1985 Super Bowl? (leave off city name)
6. Television: What '80s series took place on Southfork Ranch?
Geography: Which American city is nicknamed "Big D"?
History: In which city was US President John F. Kennedy assassinated in 1963?
7. Television: What was the first name of Betty White's character on "The Golden Girls"?
Poetry: What flower was immortalized in a verse by Gertrude Stein?
Nature: Which flower is the longest cultivated European plant in North America?
8. Astronomy: This planet has been visited by Mariner 10, and Messenger.
Science: This element was known as "hydrargyrus" in Latin.
Mythology: Which Roman god was the counterpart of the Greek Hermes?
9. Sports: In golf, what's the term for a score of 2 under par on an individual hole?
People: What was the nickname of aviator Charles Lindbergh? "The Lone ______"
Music: Which ABBA song has the lyric "Flying high, high, I'm a bird in the sky.."?
10. Astronomy: What's the name of the NASA spacecraft that entered Mars' orbit in October 2001?
Music: What disco group had a hit in with "Native New Yorker"?
Literature: In which classical tale would you encounter Circe, Argus, and Scylla?
Source: Author bullymom
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor natsim
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.