Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The first part of your walk takes you through a park. You happen to notice a honey locust. What are you looking at?
2. After leaving the park you go into a book store You pick up a book called "Eats, Shoots and Leaves". You read the blurb and find it is a book about this subject.
3. While leafing through another book you come across a page about a Suffolk Punch. What does this page describe?
4. While consulting the index in another book, you come across the name laughing jackass. You turn to the page and find that a laughing jackass is one of these.
5. You are about to leave the store when the picture on the cover of a sea life book attracts your notice. You pick up the book to find out what the picture depicts. A credit inside the cover says that the picture is of a crown of thorns. What type of sea life is this?
6. You pass a travel agency and glance at the colourful brochures displayed there. One invites you to the Andalusia region of Spain. You remember a bit of trivia about the origin of the word Andalusia. What word is it derived from?
7. You are nearly at the harbour, when you meet a group of people coming from a side street. You hear them mention cobweb, moth, pease-blossom, mustard-seed and quince. Where have they been?
8. You are now by the sea and are walking along the landscaped approach to the pier. A red admiral happens to catch your eye. What is a red admiral?
9. Nearing the dock you notice a blue ensign. what are you looking at?
10. Two sailors pass you. You overhear them saying that a companionway needs to be painted. What is a companionway?
Source: Author minch
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Exit10
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.