Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Now I know that this place looks like a bit of a fixer-upper, but I can assure you that it's worth every penny. Look at the land! And you know what? You probably won't even need to worry about insulation-- all of the cold is kept out by asbestos.
Why is this a bad thing?
2. Lookin' for a new ride? Well, I've got this one car out in the desert-- it's rarely been used (over the past couple years) and it's a pretty popular model. Wheels? Well, you can get new ones!
By what one-word name is the Volkswagen Type 1 better known?
3. Sink your teeth into this one-- it's a real deal. I hope you've got your sea legs. This boat just washed into the market, and if you're looking for a pleasure cruise you're in the right place. Don't tread water; take it. I'll give it to you for barnacles!
Which of these boats did not sink?
4. They only say it's in 'The Projects' because they're working on it; it's really in an affluent neighbourhood teeming with... erm... eclectic people. What? Oh no, that was the sound of a car door slamming. No one has firearms in this city. So anyways, want to check the apartment?
What Canadian alternative rock band released "The Old Apartment" in 1996?
5. It's a multimedia console! If you've been looking for a way to play "Call of Duty" with your friends or simply watch movies online, you can't go wrong with this. The red? Red is good! Trust me!
What console notoriously received the Red Ring (of Death)?
6. Like antiques? Well, have I got the treat for you. I have all of these metal implements-- chains, screws, hammers... even a backhoe. You can have them cheap! Rust? More like 'Rustic'!
Rust is created when which of the following is oxidized?
7. You look like the type of person to live life on the wild side. Fancy a sip of this? I'll give it to you for a deal. Yes, that's a real scorpion. Bottoms up!
Mezcal is a drink from Mexico containing a scorpion in the bottle. What agave-based beverage is it?
8. Okay, I know this one's out of date but you're not going to find anything better than this complete set from Encyclopedia Britannica. Everything from A'a to Zyxt! I honestly don't think you can do better than this 2010 version.
Can't you just go out and buy a newer version?
9. A fan of 'vintage' clothing? I've got some shoes for you to walk out of here with. Okay-- they're a bit worse for wear but there's no reason you can't get a cobbler to buff up the leather on these, shine 'em clean, and lace 'em up.
For leather shoes you likely wouldn't take them to a cobbler. Who would you take them to?
10. I know how much you've wanted to see that recent "Paranormal Activity" film (you know which one) so why don't you take this copy. I took it off the internet; it's not a cam version. SOPA? House Bill 3211? What the heck are you talking about?
What does SOPA stand for in this context?
Source: Author kyleisalive
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LeoDaVinci
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.