Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. My Number Ten favorite Motor Insurance claim: "The car in front had already hit the pedestrian; but he got up, so I hit him again."
Did you know that Pedestrianism is actually an Olympic sport? It is commonly known as race-walking. What is one of the main rules that is enforced to ensure competitors are walking and not running?
2. My Number Nine favorite Motor Insurance claim: "I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in-law, and headed over the embankment."
Which American writer is quoted as saying "Adam was the luckiest man; he had no mother-in-law."?
3. My Number Eight favorite Motor Insurance claim: "I was thrown from the car as it left the road. I was later found in a ditch by some stray cows."
Singer/songwriter Dana Lyons wrote a fabulous song about cows. It was very successful and has been made into an animation video, and a children's book. What is it called?
4. My Number Seven favorite Motor Insurance claim: "The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him."
Which British band released the album "Abbey Road" in September 1969?
5. My Number Six favorite Motor Insurance claim: "The pedestrian had no idea which way to run, so I ran over him."
In the TV show "Friends", Phoebe used to run in a very odd manner. Her arms would fly around in the air, and her legs would flail about. Which of her friends was too embarrassed to go running with her?
6. My Number Five favorite Motor Insurance claim: "The accident was caused by me waving to the man I hit last week."
Which British poet wrote the poem "Not Waving but Drowning"?
7. My Number Four favorite Motor Insurance claim: "I knocked over a man who admitted it was his fault, having been knocked down before."
Boxer James 'Buster' Douglas made history on February 10, 1990, in Tokyo, by knocking out the current undefeated Heavyweight Champion. Who was it?
8. My Number Three favorite Motor Insurance claim: "I knocked into a lamp post which was obscured by human beings."
Here are some lyrics to a song:
"Hello lamp post, what ya knowin'?
I come to watch your flowers growin'.
Ain't you got no rhymes for me?
Do do do do do ... feelin' groovy."
Which singing duo sang this catchy tune?
9. My Number Two favorite Motor Insurance claim: "The pedestrian ran for the pavement, but I got him."
What was the name of the 2002 thriller starring Lauren Holly and Robert Patrick?
10. My Number One favorite Motor Insurance claim: "I saw a slow-moving, sad-faced old gentleman, as he bounced off the bonnet of my car!"
'Bonnet' is the British equivalent of what part of a car in America?
Source: Author dopple44
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nannanut
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.