Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Doughnuts, cookies, apple slices: so many lovely things to buy in a baker's shop. How many would you get if you asked for "a baker's dozen"?
2. What, according to the Bible, is "The Number of the Beast"?
3. How many miles was the hero of a song by The Proclaimers prepared to walk to fall down at his lover's door?
4. If you went into a grocer's shop and asked for a gross of eggs you would get 144. If you asked for a great gross, how many would you receive?
5. In the United Kingdom, if you need to contact the emergency services by telephone, which of these numbers should you dial?
6. In the running order of the books in the Old Testament, where does the Book of Numbers come?
7. In Irish mythology, which number is regarded as being special in regard to the warrior hero Cúchulainn?
8. Which of these numbers is considered by many Chinese people to be especially lucky?
9. Up, up, and away: How many balloons did a German pop star called Nena sing about?
10. "After the turn of the century, in the clear blue skies over Germany": How many enemy aircraft did the "Red Baron" shoot down during WWI?
11. According to the author Capt. W. E. Johns, what was the number of the Camel Squadron that Biggles flew with in WWI?
12. Ground Control to Major Tom: During which Apollo mission did man first walk on the Moon?
13. What was the number of the police car that seemingly kept getting lost in a US TV comedy of the 1960s?
14. Don't think twice, it's alright: What was the number of the Highway that Bob Dylan famously revisited?
15. "In '43 they set to sea
13 men and Kennedy.."
Before he was President, John F, Kennedy served as commander of a motor torpedo boat in the Pacific campaign of WW2. What was his PT boat's number?
Source: Author darksplash
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LeoDaVinci
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.