Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What type of landform is Florida?
2. What is Britton Hill, Florida's claim to fame?
3. Saint Augustine is the oldest European settlement in North America; who first landed there?
4. Amelia Island, Florida is one of the southernmost Sea Islands along the Atlantic coast. How many sovereign flags have flown over it?
5. Clearwater is on the Gulf of Mexico in central Florida. What crackling moniker has been attached to it, which it might rather not have?
6. The first patent issued by the U.S. patent office (in 1790) was for a new process for purifying this compound, of which Florida has the most of any U.S. state. Which is it?
7. Which natural phenomenon is least likely to occur in Florida?
8. Juan Ponce de Leon is noted for searching for the Fountain of Youth. Who else searched for it in Florida?
9. There are some natural disasters that Florida doesn't have to worry about but a hurricane is not one of them. Which hurricane did the most damage to Florida in the 20th century?
10. Much of the freshwater available in Florida is due to its geology, which is what?
Source: Author CmdrK
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor spanishliz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.