Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who was Georgia named for?
2. All these are nicknames attributed to Georgia, except?
3. What is the name of the earliest known European settlement in Georgia?
4. Georgia has the largest land area east of the Mississippi. True or false?
5. All of these are famous Georgians, except?
6. The Cherokee people that once inhabited the region of Georgia, were removed to the Oklahoma territory beginning in 1832, with the distribution of Cherokee lands among white prospectors. What was the name given to the long march in which thousands died?
7. A Georgian Cherokee scholar invented an alphabet for writing the Cherokee language. What was his name?
8. Eli Whitney's invention, in Georgia, did much to aid the local plantation owners. What was the invention?
9. A tiny pest decimated Georgia's cotton economy during the Great Depression of the 1930's. What was this pest?
10. What design is on the 'tail' side of the Georgia State quarter(25 cent piece)?
Source: Author Ikabud
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.