Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In tenth place on Sperling's "Top Ten Best Cities in America for Dating" list, this capital city lies on one of a group of islands that James Cook named the Sandwich Islands in 1778. Aloha!
2. This city was in eighth place on the "Top Ten Best Cities in America for Dating" list. It can be found in the state of Michigan. It is situated on the Huron River, approximately 35 miles from Detroit. It became the seat for Washtenaw County in 1827. The University of Michigan can be found in this city. Name it.
3. This historical city lies in seventh place on the dating list, and can be found in the equally historic state of Virginia. During the Second World War, its population doubled because of heightened defense activities, which brought families to work in its Naval Base and Air Station. It is also the name of a county in the east of England. Which city is it?
4. Coming in at number five on the best places to date list, this city is the largest in Washington and is its economic capital. It has hosted two Worlds Fairs, with the second in 1962 giving the city its monorail, a Centre and the Space Needle. A famous grunge band also has its origins here. Which city is it?
5. Number two on the best city for dating list is a city that once was the county seat of El Paso county (until 1873). This city is situated on a high, flat plain at the foot of the Rocky Mountains, specifically Pikes Peak. Surrounded by stunning scenery, this city's two main employers have been the military and tourism. Pick the correct city.
6. At number one on Sperling's "Top Ten Worst Cities in America for Dating" list is the largest city in the state of Missouri. It's also the 40th largest in the United States. It is located at the junction of the Missouri and Kansas rivers to the west of the state. This city also gives its name to a style of jazz. Identify the correct city.
7. Coming in at number two on the worst cities to date list, this is the largest city in Kansas. It is situated in south central Kansas on the Arkansas River. Kirstie Alley is a native of this city. It has been called "The Air Capital of the World" because of the many aircraft manufacturers based there. Which city is this?
8. This city is the largest in Michigan--and the fourth worst city for dating, according to Sperling's website. It is the seat of Wayne County, and is located within the Midwestern United States and the region of the Great Lakes. Three of the biggest car makers' (General Motors, Ford and Chrysler) factories are here, earning it the nickname of "Motor City" or "Motown". Madonna is just one of the many, many famous people to be born here. Which city is it?
9. This city, at number seven on the worst places to date list, serves as capital of Georgia. Located on the foothills of the Southern Appalachians and bounded by the River Chattahoochee, it is mentioned in Margaret Mitchell's "Gone With the Wind". One of its famous natives was Martin Luther King Jr. Pick the correct city.
10. Finally, at number ten on the worst places to date list, this city can be found in the state of North Carolina, halfway between the Appalachian Mountains and the Atlantic Ocean. It lies several miles east of the Catawba River, and is the county seat of Mecklenburg County. One of its nicknames is "Queen City" (named for the wife of George III). It is the second-largest banking center in America after New York City. Which southern city is it?
Source: Author lampshade56
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.