Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. We start off in the northern part of Arkansas in the first geographical division. We are driving past springs, waterfalls, forests, and majestic landforms. What mountain range are we in?
2. While we are driving through the mountains, we run across Bentonville, Arkansas. This little town is the birthplace of a huge worldwide retail chain. What is it?
3. We head south from the northern mountains to the second geographical division. We find ourselves in the central and western part of the state in the Arkansas River Valley. This valley, up to forty miles wide, also contains the highest peak in the state that people climb "periodically". What is this?
4. While we are driving through this Arkansas Valley, we stop at the state's capital. What is this city, that is associated with former President Bill Clinton, school desegregation, and General MacArthur?
5. We head east from the Arkansas Valley over to the third geographic division known as Crowley's Ridge. This 200 mile ridge is known for its natural vegetation. True or False: Types of vegetation found here include those from a steppe area such as grasses, shrubs, and low trees.
6. When we drive westward from Crowley's Ridge in Arkansas we come across the fourth geographical division known as the Arkansas Delta. This large alluvial plain was created by sediment deposits from what large river?
7. As we drive through the Arkansas Delta, we see many farms around us. Arkansas is in the top five states in providing a certain grain. What is it?
8. We drive further west from the Arkansas Delta and come across the fifth geographical division. It is a mountain range called the Ouachitas. True or False: They run east to west rather than north to south like the Appalachians or Rockies.
9. We head south through the state of Arkansas to the sixth geographical division. This is the Coastal Plain. This heavily forested region was once covered by what body of water 50 million years ago?
10. While we are in the Arkansas Coastal Plain, we stop at a 37 acre field which is the eroded surface of a volcanic crater. This is one of the only places in the world where the public can search for a gemstone in its original source. What is it we hope to find?
Source: Author stephgm67
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.