Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Pi Shashin is a small religion with between only 500-1000 people who practice it. Only one known small monastery exists for the practice of this religion. Which mountain of Mongolia is it located on?
2. As part of the Genghis Khan Statue Complex, the Genghis Khan Equestrian Statue is located on the bank of what river?
3. Which lake in Mongolia holds about 70% of the country's freshwater?
4. In the capital city Ulaanbaatar there is a small square near the State Department Store, dedicated to what musical group?
5. Migjid Janraisig Sum is part of one of the most important Buddhist monasteries of Mongolia, the Gandantegchinlen Monastery. It features an 86.9 feet high golden statue of whom?
6. Which mountain of Mongolia is particularly associated with Ochirvaani, a wrathful Buddhist deity?
7. What is the easternmost of the 21 aimags (provinces) of Mongolia?
8. The Khüiten Peak is the tallest peak in Mongolia. What mountain range is it part of?
9. Which desert gets its name from the Mongolian way of saying 'waterless place'?
10. What is the westernmost aimag (province) of Mongolia?
Source: Author LuH77
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.