Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Although France owns the islands of Saint Pierre and Miquelon, they are actually much closer to Canada than France. What Canadian province is situated closest to these islands?
2. The islands of Saint Pierre and Miquelon belong to the nation of France. What term is used to describe the collective status of these islands within the French Republic?
3. Saint Pierre and Miquelon make up two of the 212 overseas administrative divisions of France known as this.
4. A six kilometer strait separates the islands of Miquelon and Saint Pierre. What nickname have fisherman given to this waterway?
5. Which of the following statements accurately describes the area and population of Saint Pierre and Miquelon?
6. Which of the following best describes the local flag of Saint Pierre and Miquelon?
7. Saint Pierre and Miquelon share the same anthem as the nation of France, namely 'La Marseillaise.' However, their motto is different from France's. What is the official motto of Saint Pierre and Miquelon?
8. Throughout history France has exerted much influence over areas in the western hemisphere. What is the name for France's territory in North America that was divided into five colonies during the 18th century of which Saint Pierre and Miquelon is the only remaining colonial territory.
9. Before 1945, the islands of Saint Pierre and Miquelon contained a third administrative division. What is the name of this island that was annexed by Saint Pierre in 1945?
10. Miquelon consists of three islands that are connected by long strips of sand dunes known as tombolos. Which of the following is NOT one of the three Miquelon islands?
11. Although they are relatively small islands, Saint Pierre and Miquelon have several prominent features. Which of the following would you NOT be able to see if you visited these islands?
12. The British controlled the islands of Saint Pierre and Miquelon from 1713 to 1763. What was the name of the treaty that returned the islands back to France in 1763?
13. What prompted Charles de Gaulle to send a submarine cruiser to the islands of Saint Pierre and Miquelon in 1941?
14. The islands of Saint Pierre and Miquelon operate under a multi-party system. Which of the following is NOT a name of a political party on the islands?
15. What is the official currency used on the islands of Saint Pierre and Miquelon?
Source: Author Triviaballer
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.