Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. How many lakes, larger than ten acres each, are there in the state of Minnesota
2. Many of Minnesota lakes have the same name. Which of these is one of the most common names for a Minnesota lake?
3. How many recreational boats per capita are owned by Minnesotans?
4. Which Native American Tribe moved into and temporarily took control of the lakes and woods of northern Minnesota in the 1800's?
5. What is the third largest industry in Minnesota?
6. What is the largest open-pit mine in the World?
7. What is the name of the only National Park located in the State of Minnesota?
8. What Minnesota river runs north and empties into Lake Winnipeg in Canada?
9. Water skiing was invented in Minnesota in 1922. On what lake did a young man first try out his new invention?
10. What European country is the largest contributor of foreign born immigrants to the State of Minnesota?
11. There are two National Monuments in Minnesota. What is the name of the National Monument located in the northeastern corner of Minnesota?
12. What is the origin of the Minnesota River?
13. Who first discovered the origin of the Mississippi River?
14. In what city is the Mall of America Located?
15. What was the name of the poem written by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow that brought fame to Minnehaha Falls in South Minneapolis?
Source: Author YOMD39
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.