Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Sunday: Our limo pulls up at the pier in Port Everglades for our round-the-world cruise. We board our cruise ship, the Supreme Eternal Magnificent Monarch of the Seas, and we arrive at our cabin. The view through our porthole is beautiful. We are looking out at a famous city:
2. Our ship leaves during our extravagant bon voyage party. When we're out on the ocean a few miles, we look out our porthole and see a small boat come alongside our ship, and a few people step onto it from our ship. This seems a bit strange at first. Were stowaways detected? But then we remember that one of those people is a person who is crucial to the operation of the ship and that he or she has to leave to return to the port. This person's job title is
3. Monday: On our second day we look out our porthole and see some islands we're passing. They're in the Atlantic and the name of this country which consists of a group of islands is a version of the Spanish for "low sea." What is their name?
4. Later that same day, after dance lessons, trivia, and a gut-busting lunch, we look out our magical porthole to see a group of beautiful tropical islands including Providenciales, Salt Cay and Ambergris Cays. To what island group do these isles belong?
5. Tuesday: Last night's tropical fiesta did us in and we just barely manage to drag ourselves out of bed to watch the ship's news on our TV. We look out our porthole and see that we are passing a large island, one of the biggest in the Caribbean. It consists of two countries that have sent a lot of immigrants to the US. What is the name of the island?
6. Later the same day we're dressing for formal night and we peek out the window and see the lights on the coast of a big island that has provinces like Granma and Cienfuegos. What is the name of the island?
7. Wednesday: We wake up and look out our porthole to find that we're in a port that's very close to the famous Dunn's River Falls. What country are we in?
8. Still at anchor, our port near Dunn's River Falls has a name of Spanish origin. What is it?
9. Thursday: Our next port is the beautiful Cayman Islands. The three major islands are Grand Cayman, Little Cayman, and ___________.
10. Part of our brief stay in the Caymans is a thrilling trip to a place in the sea not far offshore where, like a lot of tourists, we can have close contact with sea creatures we might either never see or be afraid of if we did see them. What kind of creatures are these?
Source: Author mickeygreeneyes
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.