Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This very popular resort city is located in the Mexican state of Quintana Roo, on what is known as the the Mayan Riviera. The beaches here are among the world's finest.
2. Located between Nicaragua and Panama, this Central American country has lush rainforests, lovely beaches, and some of the most active volcanoes on earth. It's often referred to as the "Jewel of Central America".
3. Another Central American country, this one is situated between Guatemala and Nicaragua and bordering the North Pacific Ocean. It is home to the Copan Ruins, one of the greatest Maya archaeological sites.
4. This small nation is in Central America, between Guatemala and Mexico and was formerly known as British Honduras. The sovereign of the UK is head of state here.
5. This seaport, located in the Gulf of Mexico, is Mexico's largest, and is sometimes referred to as the "Gateway to Mexico City". It's also well-known for its outstanding seafood cuisine.
6. This island is located between the Caribbean Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean, between the Dominican Republic and the British Virgin Islands. It is a commonwealth of the United States.
7. Which Central American country is home to one of the world's greatest engineering feats, connecting the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans?
8. Bordered by both the Caribbean Sea and the North Pacific Ocean, between Costa Rica and Honduras, this country is off the beaten path for tourists. This nation suffered a disastrous earthquake in 1972 that destroyed its capital city, which has never been fully rebuilt.
9. This nation is situated on the island of Hispaniola, and shares the island with Haiti. The national passion is baseball, and the country has produced some of the finest Major League players in US baseball history.
10. This island nation was a playground for movie stars and mob types, until its famous Revolution in 1959. It sits in the middle of Hurricane Alley, 90 miles off the coast of Florida.
Source: Author robbieh
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.