Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. On which Guatemalan volcano can be found enormous quantities of black obsidian?
2. What is the highest of all Central American volcanoes?
3. The unit of currency is the quetzal.
4. When was Guatemala City founded?
5. In which department is Tikal National Park found?
6. What is the largest lake in Guatemala?
7. Who carved the Black Christ of Esquipulas in 1594?
8. When did the Catholic Church officially recognize the healing powers of the Black Christ?
9. When is the day of the Black Christ in Esquipulas?
10. When was the Cathedral of San Jose, in Antigua, built?
11. When was Antigua's city hall built?
12. Santiaguito Volcano is considered the most dangerous in Central America.
13. Guatemala City is the second largest urban agglomeration in Central America.
14. What city was the nation's capital from 1543 until 1776?
15. When was the cathedral of Guatemala City built?
16. What year did "La Aurora National Zoo" open?
17. What is the largest protected area in Guatemala?
18. What is the name of the delta located on the western shore of Lake Izabal?
19. What is the only day fiambre, a traditional Guatemalan dish, is cooked?
20. Guatemala is Central America's westernmost country.
21. How many departments is Guatemala divided into?
22. What is the population density in Metropolitan Guatemala?
23. What is the most mountainous part of the country?
24. What is the largest department of Guatemala?
25. When was Guatemala freed of Spanish colonial rule?
Source: Author quintosigno
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.