Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of the seven Central American countries (Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama) is largest in area?
2. Which Central American country was formerly known as British Honduras?
3. Which country is home to at least 30 volcanoes, including Central America's highest elevation at Volcán Tajumulco?
4. The largest lake in Central America shares its name with the country in which it is located. Which country and lake is this?
5. The southernmost point on mainland Central America, Punta Mariato, is a cape in which canalized country?
6. Which Central American country is an outlier in that it has English as its official language rather than Spanish?
7. The lowest point of inland Central America is found at the Isthmus of Rivas in which relatively large country?
8. Three of the four following cities are the capital of their respective countries. Which city, the most populous in its country, is *not* a capital city?
9. The Río Coco (Coco River) is the longest river that runs entirely in the isthmus of Central America. It is on the border of which two countries?
10. Five of the Central American countries achieved independence from Spain in the 19th century. Which country achieved its independence in 1903 from Colombia?
Source: Author Rizeeve
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.