Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. He was the first Samurai to try to unify all of Japan.
2. During the time of Tokugawa Ieyasu, the low point of Christianity in Japan, this samurai was tolerant of Christians and even wanted to extend trade with the Europeans.
3. He unified Japan, and made several attempts to conquer Korea several times but failed. Who was it?
4. Who established the first warrior government, shogunate, in Japan?
5. Who was the founder of the Tokugawa Dynasty?
6. Which samurai of the Meiji period urged samurais to get rid of their swords?
7. Identify the samurai who stated these words, (an excerpt from his autobiography): "I must warn you - I have come here today with every intention of cutting down anyone who stands in my way."
8. In the Japanese television samurai drama, "Abarenbo Shogun", the lead character assumes the role of a samurai of low birth called Shinsan, but which Tokugawa Shogun is he actually?
9. Tojo Hideki was of samurai descent. True or false?
10. The Satsuma students sent to Europe in 1862 were all samurai.
Source: Author fleecyewe
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.