Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Louisiana is home to the Watson Brake, the earliest of its kind in North America. What is this human-made phenomenon, which is older than Stonehenge?
2. In 1682, the explorer René-Robert Cavelier planted a wooden cross in the ground and claimed the territory in name of a certain monarch, one referred to as the Louis le Grand. Who was this ruler?
3. The Seven Years' War resulted in a change in Louisiana. What was that?
4. Another result of the Seven Years' War was Acadia's move from French to British rule. Many French Acadians made their way to Louisiana to resettle. Where was Acadia located according to a present-day map?
5. By 1800, so many people from different parts of the world had flooded into Louisiana, and they shook off their colonial ruler. A couple years later, the United States purchased the whole area in a deal known as the Louisiana Purchase. Who was the U.S. president who brokered this deal? Take a look at a U.S. nickel for the answer.
6. What happened in 1812 that definitely demarcated Louisiana?
7. In 1861, southern states, including Louisiana, seceded from the union and the country broke out in a caustic civil war. True or false: Generally speaking, Louisiana troops staged a long and successful campaign against the Union Army.
8. Who was governor of Louisiana from 1928 to 1932? He was a populist leader known for taking on Big Oil and also consolidating gubernatorial power. There's a bridge in Jefferson Parish named after him.
9. Louisiana has a legal system unlike any other state in the country. The other states draw upon common law, but Louisiana turns to a different system. What is the name of this system, which harkens back to the area's years as a European colony?
10. In 2005, Katrina came to town and made lasting change to Louisiana, especially the coastal regions. Who or what was Katrina?
Source: Author PootyPootwell
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor trident
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.