Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. True or false : The ancient Maya were a peace-loving society ruled by astrologer-mathematicians.
2. Which of the following is NOT the site of a Mayan city?
3. Among their many achievements, the Ancient Maya are NOT credited with:
4. Of the estimated thousands of Mayan books or codices that existed at the time of Spanish conquest, how many are known to currently exist?
5. In current archaeological circles, it is thought that Teotihuacan conquered much of the Mayan lands.
6. True or false: The Maya developed the only full-fledged written language in the New World.
7. Of the following, which city-state was NOT a major center of Mayan culture during the 'classic period'?
8. The Maya civilization is widely thought to have been influenced by which pre-Mayan culture?
9. What does the Mayan word 'balam' mean?
10. The ancient Maya developed a functional calendar that is ___ .
Source: Author maddogmorgan
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Terry
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.