Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What was the most popular alcoholic beverage among aristocrats in ancient Egypt?
2. On average, how much of the English grain harvests in the 1330s went to beer and ale production?
3. The British Royal Navy replaced its sailors' rations of beer and brandy with which alcoholic beverage in 1655?
4. A special yeast, developed in 1864, gave which beer its distinctive flavor?
5. The Guinness brewery was established in Dublin in which year?
6. The first shipment of Milwaukee beer made it to New York in 1852. Who sent it?
7. The Golden Brewery, begun in 1873, was a partnership between Adolph Coors and whom?
8. What was the original name of the Anheuser-Busch brewery, the home of Budweiser, et al?
9. The Spring Valley Brewery makes or made which beer?
10. Iron City beer was the brand chosen to test-market which beverage innovation?
Source: Author JaneGalt
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Moo
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.