Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. To which genus do the species of plants commonly known as yams belong?
2. What part of a yam plant is consumed?
3. By which method can a yam be cooked for consumption?
4. In North America, sweet potatoes are sometimes called yams. Are yams and sweet potatoes the same vegetable?
5. What are the best conditions to store yams?
6. Yams do NOT have a high content of the following nutrients?
7. The New Yam Festival, also known as Orureshi, Ima-Ji, Iri-Ji or Iwa-Ji, is a harvest festival primarily held in which western African countries?
8. Dioscorea rotundata and Dioscorea cayenensis are the most common species of yams. What colors are these species of yams?
9. The purple ube species of yam, Dioscorea alata, is used in the Philippines and Vietnam as ingredients in native dishes. Which of the following native dishes does NOT contain the purple ube species of yam?
10. Dioscorea trifida, also known the cush-cush yam, is a species of yam grown on which continent?
Source: Author workisboring
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.