Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. At the beginning of this game a banker is appointed. He or she doles out a set amount of money to each player. Each player, of course, stacks his/her money in neat little piles and tucks it in a safe place, all the while looking sideways at their rivals to make sure they keep their hands off! Then after some bickering over who goes first, a player rolls two dice to determine how many places they will advance around the gameboard. Placed at intervals around the board are squares with place names on them. When you land on a square, you can decide whether or not you wish to purchase it. If you own a square and someone else lands on it, they have to pay you money and you gloat. By the way, when you pass GO, you receive 200 dollars! What is the game?
2. This, too, is a board game. Small square tiles with letters on them are placed upside down on the table or in a cloth bag. Each player is to choose seven of these tiles and try to make up legitimate words with them by placing the letters on strategical places on the board in crossword puzzle style. Points are then awarded for the word. It has been my experience that the easiest way to win the game is to hide the dictionary and then make up words. Nobody can challenge you!:) What is this game?
3. This family game is for 2-4 players and gets underway after some squabbling over who wants to be red, blue, yellow or green. You place your four coloured playing pieces on the start position and then wait for eons to draw either a two or a one from a deck of cards laying face down on the game board. Meanwhile everyone else has drawn a 'go card' and are merrily progressing their way around the game board. You finally get to play and start out only to have an opponent land on your square or draw a card that places you back at the starting position where you wait all over again. The first player to get all four of their game pieces in the 'home' position wins.
4. This Milton-Bradley game is a favourite of most people. It is a game where you can display your artistic skills (or in my case, lack thereof) in a game of quick draw. You have just 60 seconds to draw clues that will enable your team-mates to guess a secret word or words. What is this fun game?
5. This game is a hilarious bluffing game. Players are given a word, an actual word, that probably no one in the world has ever heard of before, and you then try to make up a plausible sounding definition for the word. Everyone's definitions are then read aloud with players trying to pick out the correct meaning thus being awarded points. Beware, this is not a game for the unimaginative.
6. This card game is one of skill and strategy. (Some people claim that cheating also works!) There are 57 cards numbered from 1 to 14 and in four different colours. All the cards are dealt out with some being placed in a 'kitty'. Players and teams bid on how many points they think they can accumulate by the end of the hand. The person or team who takes the bid chooses a 'trump' colour.
7. This well-known game challenges you to be the first to discover who murdered whom, with what weapon and in which room. It's elementary, my dear, I don't think you need a clue! This game is what?
8. This is another Milton-Bradley game fairly new to the games scene. It is a board game where you have just split seconds to act out a word for your teammates. You have to describe the word without talking. If you are not fast enough, your card will drop out of sight making it no longer playable. One prerequisite for this game is that you need to be able to make a complete fool of yourself in front of a room full of people. What is this game?
9. You don't have to have a medical degree to play this children's game, but you do have to perform surgery. You may, for instance, be required to remove butterflies from the patient's stomach. Just be careful or you will be buzzed! What game do I mean?
10. This game is aptly named for what it causes in our household. Once again, you play with four game pieces, either red, blue, green or yellow. In the middle of the game board is a bubble with two dice inside. You must pop the bubble to move the dice which then determines how many places you advance. It is sooooo frustrating to move your game piece nearly all the way around the board only to be landed on by an opponent and sent home! (Prerequisite for this game: You have to be able to stand the constant sound of metal popping in a bubble)! What game is this?
Source: Author Ballykissangel
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.