Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The tropical flower called the strelitzia is also (due to its appearance) known by what other name?
2. The flower known as the anemone is also known by a simpler name that mentions one of the four elements. What is this other name?
3. The agapanthus (literally meaning "love flower") is also known as the African lily or what other African name?
4. The yellow or white, trumpet-shaped daffodil (most commonly seen in Spring) is one of the most common types of what flower?
5. The poisonous digitalis is more commonly known as what?
6. While the flower known as the bluebell is also called scilla, the flower known as the golden bells are scientifically called what?
7. After the Columbine shooting, people planted these flowers to remember those who died in the tragedy. The flowers themselves, however, resemble the talons of a bird of prey. What is the common name of this flower?
8. Erica, a common girl's name, is also a type of flower. Its common name is also a girl's name. Give the common name of this flower.
9. The diosma is more commonly known by what "holy" name?
10. The anigozanthos is also known as the paw of what animal?
11. A favorite among bees, the syringa is also known as what?
12. A favorite among children, the antirrhinum is also known as what?
13. The large flower known as the helianthus is more commonly called what?
14. The physostegia is more commonly known as the "false" head of what mythical beast?
15. The leucodendron, due to its appearance, is also called the _______ tip.
16. The unusual blossom of the ananas flower remarkably resembles which fruit?
17. What is the scientific name of the pussy willow?
18. In some cases, the scientific name isn't much different from the common name. An example is the paeonia, which is also known as what?
19. The purple limonium is known as statice or by what other name?
20. Which of these lilies is in the family Sarracenia?
Source: Author PrinceMagus411
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ozzz2002
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.