Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. You've heard of Donald F. Duncan, but he wasn't the first to manufacture yo-yos. Who was?
2. In 1930 Duncan, along with a newspaper began a contest in relation to yo-yos. When 1931 rolled around, in a mere thirty days, many yo-yos got sold due to Duncan's contest promotions in the newspaper. Do you know how many yo-yos were sold in those thirty days?
3. Who was the boy who won the very first "World Yo-Yo Competition"?
4. Which American President played yo-yo with Roy Acuff?
5. In 1957, Donald F. Duncan retired. Who took over his company?
6. Did Duncan ever try to put a trademark on the word "yo-yo"?
7. In 1993, the first modern National Yo-Yo Contest was founded by the American Yo-yo Association (AYYA). Which city did this contest take place in?
8. The wooden "Duncan Super Tournament" yo-yo was reintroduced in 1996. Which three countries were extremely caught up in the yo-yo madness?
9. Who was the very first person known to win the "Bay Area Classic" yo-yo competition, blindfolded?
10. In 2004 Duncan Toys had a grand 75th Anniversary celebration. They released the most expensive yo-yo ever sold, (excluding auctions), at this time. What was its retail price in 2004?
Source: Author funnytrivianna
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.