Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Introduced in 2005, according to the TV ad it was "So big, breakfast will never be the same". The Enormous Omelette Sandwich weighed in with 730 calories, 45 grams of fat and almost 2 grams of sodium. Which restaurant chain crowned its breakfast menu with this monster?
2. McDonald's sold "McSpaghetti" in the late 1970s.
3. Before Taco Bell started thinking outside the bun, they called themselves "The Fresh Food Place" and offered a sort-of hamburger on their menu. The sandwich was sloppy Joe style taco flavored ground beef with cheese, lettuce, and tomato on a bun. What did Taco Bell call this creation?
4. A fast food buffet? The Superbar was one of my favorites from its introduction in 1988 until it was phased out, disappearing finally in 1998. "The Garden Spot", a nice salad bar, was featured along with an Italian "Pasta Pasta" station and a "Mexican Fiesta" station all for $2.99. A little red haired girl with pigtails offered us the Superbar at which fast food chain?
5. McDonald's premium salads have been a popular addition to the menu, but the first salad offering under the (US) arches didn't go over with customers. Salad fixings came in a plastic cup with a domed lid, designed so the customer could add the dressing, replace the cap and shake the salad to coat it with dressing. What was the name of this product?
6. At this chain, kids received a paper pirate hat and could order "Peg Legs" from the menu. I was grown but I still loved the Peg Legs - chicken wing drumsticks battered and deep fried. I did get funny looks from people when I put on my paper hat but how else could I stay in touch with my inner pirate at this restaurant that served up these delicious chicken prosthetics?
7. Once again my taste buds were in the minority when I discovered Pickle-O's. Dill pickle slices, battered and deep fried, Pickle-O's are tangy, Southern and delicious. Sadly they're also gone. What chain sent a carhop on skates to deliver Pickle-O's to my car?
8. I never cared much for the Big Mac but the Bonus Jack is a similar double burger that I love. Unfortunately the restaurant that sells it only offers it occasionally as a special item. Where can I order my Bonus Jack from "The Clown"?
9. Prior to 1966 Catholics were prohibited from eating meat on Fridays as a penance. McDonald's noted a dip in business on Fridays in areas with large Catholic populations. They arranged a competition between two alternative non-meat sandwiches to determine which would go onto the menu permanently. The winner was the Filet-o-Fish which is still the chain's fish offering. The loser was an early attempt at a meatless burger. What offering didn't even come close to appearing on McDonald's menu?
10. Attempting to offer something for their health conscious customers (both of them), in 1990 Dairy Queen offered an alternative to their very popular soft serve ice cream product, the Blizzard. Made with frozen yogurt, the item languished on the menu for almost ten years before it disappeared. What did DQ call their "healthy" Blizzard?
Source: Author wilbill
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.