Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who ordered the watch known as the "Marie Antoinette"?
2. Which famous clockmaker made the Marie Antoinette watch?
3. The Marie Antoinette watch was considered the ultimate in technology in its day, and could perform twenty-two different functions. Which of these was NOT a function of the Marie Antoinette watch?
4. When was Marie Antoinette actually presented with the famous watch?
5. Which of the following is the best description of the Marie Antoinette watch?
6. Following the death of Marie Antoinette, the watch eventually found its way into a museum in a world capital. Which of these museum became the proud owner of this famous time-piece?
7. Marie Antoinette's beautiful watch was stolen from the museum in which it was exhibited. How were the thieves able to take this valuable piece?
8. A best-selling mystery features the theft of the Marie Antoinette clock as a major theme. What novel is this, and who is the author?
9. What was the reaction of the clockmakers' firm that originally made the Marie Antoinette clock when they learned that the priceless item had been stolen?
10. After the Marie Antoinette clock was recovered, a full twenty years after it was stolen, the museum decided it was too precious to be exhibited. It is now kept in a vault in an unknown bank, in an unknown city.
Source: Author janetgool
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor CellarDoor
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.