Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. America is named after the explorer Amerigo Vespucci. In this context, which of the following statements is correct?
2. A bacchanalia is a drunken orgy. Do you know how this word originated?
3. Boffin is a term used to denote a scientist or an expert. This term originated from the name of a fictional character. Who created this character?
4. A British mathematician named George Boole developed a concept known as Boolean logic, which is the basis of computing. Which of the following best describes 'Boolean logic'?
5. Braille is a script developed to help the blind to read. This script had its origins as a code to be used by soldiers to communicate at night.
6. A cardigan is a type of a sweater. Do you know after whom it is named?
7. A tourist guide is known as a cicerone. How did this word originate?
8. If someone is in imminent danger he is said to have a sword of Damocles hanging over this head. Do you know who Damocles was?
9. A Swedish botanist named Anders Dahl discovered a plant which was named after him. Can you guess the name of the plant?
10. The derby is a popular horse racing event. Do you know how the word originated?
Source: Author deepakmr
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.