Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "Some people called it 'the time of the undoing'; some, wishing to be more positive, spoke of it as 'the replenishing' or 'the restoring' or even 'the resurrection' of the Earth."
Alternate timelines are a big part of the plot of this novel.
2. "'I'm ten years old, my whole life you've called me Vanya'"
Ivan Smetski discovers a hidden clearing in this novel.
3. The older version of this novel begins, "I've endured having four arms, an extra nose, and two hearts pumping away before the surgeon took me under his knife to cut away the excess."
4. This fantasy novel begins, "O, Palicrovol, with death and vengeance in your eyes, I write to you because over the centuries there are tales you have forgotten, and tales you never knew."
5. "Dr. Calhoun Bellamy made it a point to stay away from his property while the crew was tearing down the old Varley house."
What horror novel begins with this line?
6. "'I've watched through his eyes, I've listened through his ears, and I tell you he's the one.'"
This is the first line of Card's most well known novel.
7. This sequel to another novel begins, "Not many flatboats were getting down the Hio these days, not with pioneers aboard, anyway, not with families and furniture and seed and a few shoats to start a pig herd."
8. "Today one of the brothers asked me : Is it a terrible prison, not to be able to move from the one place where you're standing?"
Two alien species are having a nonverbal conversation as this novel opens.
9. Witchcraft is a big part of the novel that starts with the line, "Quentin Fears never told his parents the last thing his sister Lizzy said to him before they pulled the plug on her and let her die."
10. "Since we are not yet fully comfortable with the idea that people from the next village are as human as ourselves, it is presumptuous in the extreme to suppose we could ever look at sociable, tool-making creatures who arose from other evolutionary paths and see not beasts but brothers, not rivals but fellow pilgrims journeying to the shrine of intelligence."
This is the first line of Card's second Hugo award winning novel.
Source: Author kristina71
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.