Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is Ender's real name?
2. What was it about Ender that alienated him from his peers at the start of the story?
3. What was wrong with Ender's brother and sister that prevented them from gaining entrance to the school?
4. What was the surname (his first name is not revealed) of the boy that Ender killed at the start of the story?
5. What was the name of the colonel who took Ender to the school?
6. What happened on the shuttle that created problems for Ender later on?
7. What did Ender soon discover to be the focus of the Battle School?
8. Ender formed a friendship on his first experience in the battleroom that bridged the gap between himself and the bully from the shuttle, Bernard, securing his position amongst the "launchies". What was his new friend's name?
9. What tactic did Ender find effective during battles that won him top position in the charts for the entire school?
10. Ender utilised the school messenger system to end his isolation. How?
11. What is the title of chapter six, in which Ender advances to a previously unreached point in the school psychological examination game on his computer?
12. What was the name of the first 'army' that Ender was assigned to?
13. Who did Ender first meet in the army, who agreed to help to train Ender?
14. Because of Ender's age, Bonzo treated him as inferior and ordered him not to compete in the battles. However, in the fourth battle, against Leopard army, Ender saved his army by taking out the remaining opposition before they could win the battle, in defiance of Bonzo's orders. This began Bonzo's hatred of Ender. Eventually, this led to a conflict. What happened?
15. What army was Ender traded to?
16. The commander of this army, "Rose the Nose", placed Ender under the command of toon leader Dink Meeker. What was unusual about this boy?
17. What new paradigm did Ender adopt that greatly assisted him in the null-G environment?
18. What army was Ender given command of?
19. What was the name of the small child who helped Ender with his command by coming up with new solutions to tactic problems as the colonel bent the rules to make the game become progressively harder for Ender's army?
20. What was special about the small child who helped Ender with his command? (You may have had to read "Ender's Shadow" to get this question.)
21. Ender left the school and went to Command School, where he met Mazer Rackham. Mazer taught him during his time there. What was special about him?
22. Back on Earth, Ender's siblings had virtually taken over the planet through internet politics under false names. What names were these?
23. Ender was tricked into fighting the final battles against the Formics without even knowing about it. He won. He destroyed the Formic home world with a device nicknamed "Dr Device". Why was it given this name?
24. Ender was able to communicate instantaneously with the ships sent to the Formic home world despite the fact that they were dozens of light years away. He could do this because of the use of a device taken from the Formics. What was it called?
25. What happened on Earth just after Ender won the battle?
Source: Author The Frogman
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.