Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Richard Rodgers was awarded two Grammys in total, with his first being for which show that he co-wrote with Oscar Hammerstein?
2. Helen Hayes won a Grammy in 1977 for her work the previous year on the spoken word album "Great American Documents". Which document did she read the text of?
3. Rita Moreno was awarded a Grammy for an album of songs from the PBS children's programme "The Electric Company". Who also won a Grammy for the album with her?
4. Scott Rudin became the first producer to complete the EGOT set when he was awarded a Grammy in 2012 for work on which musical?
5. Audrey Hepburn won a Grammy for her spoken word album "Audrey Hepburn's Enchanted Tales". In addition to fairy tales read by Hepburn, the record also featured elements of "Ma mère l'Oye" as background music. Which composer wrote "Ma mère l'Oye"?
6. Marvin Hamlisch won a total of four Grammys. Two of these were for his work on the film "The Way We Were", but the others were for his performance of a piece by which composer?
7. Mel Brooks was awarded his first Grammy in 1998 for an update of his sketch "The 2000 Year Old Man". Who was his regular collaborator in this sketch?
8. Mike Nichols was a comedian and performer many years before he was a director, and won his Grammy for a record made with his then comedy partner. What was her name?
9. Whoopi Goldberg won a Grammy for the recording of her first Broadway show, which opened in October 1984. Simply titled "Whoopi Goldberg", the recording was released as "Whoopi Goldberg - Original Broadway Show Recording". However, the show was also recorded and broadcast by HBO under what title?
10. Andrew Lloyd Webber won his first two Grammys for the cast recordings of two of his hit shows, but was awarded a third for his first attempt at a classical composition. What type of composition did he write?
Source: Author Red_John
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.