Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "I'm glad I've given up drugs and alcohol. It would be awful to be like Keith Richards. He's pathetic. It's like a monkey with arthritis, trying to go on stage and look young. I have great respect for the Stones but they would have been better if they had thrown Keith out 15 years ago."
Why did Elton verbally bash Keith Ricahrds?
2. Which song contains the line "Well, here's my middle finger!"?
3. In September 2004, Elton yelled "Rude vile pigs!" towards a group of people in a Taiwan airport. Who were they?
4. In what song can you hear the statement "I'm better than you. It's the way that I move. The things that I do."?
5. Which reality TV series did Elton accuse of being "racist" in April, 2004?
6. In this early 1970's hit Elton sang "Won't you please excuse my frankness but it's not my cup of tea." What is the title of the song?
7. "Anyone who lip-synchs in public on stage when you pay 75 pounds to see them should be shot" was uttered in reference to which female pop diva in October, 2004?
8. "But I'm gonna put buckshots in your pants if you step into my yard" can be heard in which of these songs from the 1973 "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" album?
9. In 2001 Elton shocked the world by defending a popular yet controversial artist by saying his musing were "Really hard-core stuff, but it's intelligent hard-core. It's poetry and also musically interesting." Other groups said the "stuff" was homophobic and misogynistic, including American Vice President Dick Cheney's wife, Lynne. Who was the controversial figure Elton defended?
10. OK, a tough one for the Eltonites. "Oh you bloody young fools. I could get more sense out of the back end of a mule" can be heard in what 1973 B-side single?
Source: Author jaike
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ralzzz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.