Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. From which song would you hear the following lyrics:
"Through winter, the springtime, the summer and fall
The moonlight, the starlight, she outshines them all
In a world filled with fear, with pain and such harm
My sunshine can be so warm"?
2. From which song would this recitation be taken:
"Oh, we had a lot of things to talk about
And buddy, I felt like a king
And now we've just pulled back on old 66
And he handled that rig better than any gear-jammer I'd ever seen"?
3. What song was made popular with the lyrics below:
"Cause Clifton Clowers has a pretty young daughter
And he's mighty handy with a gun and a knife"?
4. Which song was scored a number one hit that included the lyrics given below:
"God knows his dream would shatter
If he knew the devil had me and won't set me free
While I'm puttin' on my makeup
I'm puttin' on the one that really loves me"?
5. Which song did Connie Smith record these lyrics in 1963:
"I'm so glad that I'm not like a girl I knew one time
She lost the one she loved, then slowly lost her mind
She sat around and cried her life away"?
What is the name of her only hit song?
6. Which song would you hear these lyrics in:
"We'll take each other, from this day forward
Together in sickness or health
United with love we'll face life together
If we're poor or if we have wealth
For better or worse, you'll always come first
And no one can keep us apart
Yes, we take each other, forsaking all others
Together, 'till death do us part"?
7. These lyrics were recorded in a song and became a number one hit. What song would you hear:
"Daddy hates mommy and mommy hates dad
Last night you should've heard the fight they had
It gave little sister another bad dream
She woke us all up with a terrible scream"?
8. In which song would you hear Porter Wagoner recite the tear-jerking lyrics:
"One day in the summer, we took some flowers
To place on some old family graves
Jeannie said, "Mommy, ain't it dark in the ground
Oh, Daddy, I'd be so afraid
Then she looked up at her daddy and me
And said somethin' that broke both our hearts
She said, "When I die, please don't bury me"?
9. The recitation below can be heard spoken in which song:
"You know, I don't understand every thing I'm readin' here
About what's wrong with America
But when you don't have a lotta book learnin'
I guess there's a lotta things you don't understand
But let me say this God, she's like a mother to me
And all I am, or ever hoped to be, I owe to you and to her"?
10. Can you possibly guess what song you'd hear these lyrics from:
"Ellensburg, Rexburg, Vicksburg, Eldorado, Larrimore
Atmore, Haverstraw, Chattanika, Chaska
Nebraska, Alaska, Opelika, Baraboo, Waterloo, Kalamazoo
Kansas City, Sioux City, Cedar City, Dodge City, what a pity"?
Source: Author lilady
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ralzzz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.